Are you planning to start a fashion blog but don’t know where to start? I will walk you through the process of how to start a fashion blog with WordPress, from choosing the right domain name to figuring out the tools you will need to optimize your blog and speed up growth.
Basically, these are the steps to start a fashion blog
- Find a domain name and hosting that suits your style
- Installing WordPress Software, Themes And Plugins
- Configuring your fashion blog
- Publish contents, video and images ( Leverage on hired writers)
- Open account account with Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- Start promoting the blog
- Monetize your blog
Are you ready? Let’s get started!
Find a domain name and hosting that suits your style
Domain name is your blogs address and this is what your users will type in their browsers to visit your blog. It is the trademark identity of your fashion blog and should reflect your personality and style, and also give people an idea what blog is all about.
To learn how to register domain name and hosting, I recommend you read this article I published on How To Start A Profitable Blog In 2019.
Installing WordPress Software, Themes And Plugins
Once you are done domain name registration, you will need to choose a perfect WordPress theme. Remember Fashion is more about the images than texts so you need a theme that can showcase your fashion blog in a cool, prominent and unique way.
You can get these themes from Mythemeshop or Themeforest. Just search for theme name, buy the theme and download the ZIP. Then from your dashboard, click on ‘Appearance – themes’ and click on upload new theme. Upload the new ZIP file, install and activate the theme.
Configuring your fashion blog
Now you are done installing and activating your premium theme, you’ll want to install some recommended plugins for every WordPress site:
- Jetpack – Jetpack offers so much features, including advanced site functionality and security.
- Yoast SEO – Yoast SEO helps you optimize the structure of a page in a way that makes it easier for search bots like Google to find and associate the page with your desired keyword(s).
- Social Share Buttons Plugins – This makes it easy for your visitors to share your content across their favorite social media sites.
Publish contents, video and images
To drive traffic to your blog as well as to keep your current readers coming back for more, it’s very important you understand that you need to publish regularly like once a week for a start. Do not sacrifice post quality by posting everyday.
Also, you’ll need to brush up your photography and graphics skills. There are lots of tools out there that can help you. e.g. Canva
Open account account with Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
Start first by opening a free Facebook ,twitter and instagram account for your blog. Lets say your blog name is abcd.com; then register a free FB account page looking like this: www.facebook.com/abcd.
For branding purposes, you can use Namecheck to check name availability for your social media handles.
Start promoting the blog
The trick here is to simply share your fashion blog contents on Facebook, Instagram and twitter and see the thousands of visitors you will be getting.
If you have some money to invest, i will recommend you spend at least $100 per month on ads to grow your followers and Likes on social media and watch your traffic double month after month.
Monetize your blog
These are some of the most popular ways you can monetize your fashion blog:
- Affiliate marketing – Become an affiliate for fashion brands you love and earn money when people buy the products you recommend!
- Create your own products – Are you a designer? Sell your creations with an eCommerce plugin.
- Offer a service – Maybe you’re not a designer, but you have the people skills and sharp eye to become a fashion consultant.
- Sell advertising spots – Once you’ve established an audience, you can use those viewers to sell advertising placements on your site. If you choose this route, we strongly recommend only selling spots to brands you love. Readers know when you aren’t passionate about something, and can get turned off of an idea fast.
To learn more other ways monetizing your fashion blog, I recommend you read this article I published on 11 Ways You Can Make Money With WordPress
Also check out:
If you find this post helpful, then please share and for any question, let me know in comment section below.